Aug 3rd is around the corner and that is when Wales' "More About Nothing" and of the most anticipated Mixtapes dropping because many people haven't heard Folarin in awhile. Wale using his power of twitter one of the best marketing source to get out to his fan for great promo. Wale wants the bloggers to put out Mixtape About Nothing to get some of the fans who are pretty new to his music.
Saturday, July 31, 2010
Friday, July 30, 2010
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
DOWNLOAD: Got It For Leaks
*I am a HUGE clipse fan. forgive my stan-ness
F I R E !
homie DK has killed yet another beat.. smh jeez.
CHECK IT OUT
*sidebar: 'Con[text] Clues' Music Video COMING SOON
Big K.R.I.T. and Yelawolf are reportedly linking up for a joint mixtape, Country Cu$$inz. While the project has no foreseeable release date yet, the pair decided to sneak a taste of what’s to come with a remix of K.R.I.T.’s “Hometown Hero.” Yelawolf takes the second verse slow, tempering his double-time flow with a relaxed approach more akin to K.R.I.T.’s crawl, then he kicks the tires and speeds off, homeward bound.
CHECK IT OUT
Big K.R.I.T.- 'Wuz Here' [album]
recieved an email from my homie, sucks that I'm just now getting around to posting it... Lets blame the good ole DC Storm for that one, I didnt have power for nearly 3 days -_-
nonetheless, new music. what more can you ask for?
CHECK IT OUT
Sampling of classic Lauryn is always positive to beginning of track for me, something I can def just vibe too are always the best. This Ra track was delivered via Twitter. Wit the soulful sound to the classic rhymes Ra is def one of the MC's that will have a name for herself in this game. She definitely shows the talent from range of things she spits about and showing what it is to be a true Female MC.
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
I love getting hip to new artist just cause it gives me someone else to blog about and just gives me someone to just rock to for a minute. Mac Miller is that kid you know from High School and everyone rocks with him because he so laid back. Mac is pretty lyrical MC, you here a lot of of old school flow but def throws his own hip twist to his rhymes. He def one of those Fun loving type of cats that make you enjoy life in the tracks but also have those tracks that show his talent.
"Youngest in Charge" within the rap game, saying: "I draw inspiration from everything. Old school rap, new school rap, my city, my peers, my life, anything. I just aim to make a new sound of my own, while sticking to the formula of that classic hip hop music"
Life is such a crazy thing we are literally here today but then gone the next without any type of warning. Some of us take what he have for granted and until someone has actually passes is not till then we actually realize that it is such a precious thing. Even though Death is part of life we are not suppose to experience so much of it at a young age, even though they say the Good Die Young it is just not right.
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
- ‘I’m not a star’- the opening track to this album is a 3-minute hardcore drum induced explicit rant from Ross. It’s encompasses the spirit of every down-south banger you all may know and love. Ross constantly screams that he’s not a star in the chorus. At which point he spends the bulk of his lyrics bragging and boasting of the new realms of his life, a life of fast money, women, and the lucrative rewards of the drug game. Produced by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League
- ‘Free Mason’ feat. Jay Z & John Legend - ironic to the talks of hip-hop moguls being involved with illuminati, this track has nothing with it at all. Featuring a current hip-hop Legend, Jay-Z. Ross and Hov have created yet another great song that can be on repeat for hours and neither listener or anyone nearby will get tired of hearing. Hov’s bars are more than exceptional as most would expect. In his stint he touches on the illuminati aqusastions but indirectly to tease us listeners and few believers. John legend comes in to soften the instrumental up and gave it some soul, as he harmonizes “we will never die..!” Produced by The Inkredibles
- Tears of Joy feat. Ceelo my personal favorite track off this entire album. Rick Ross actually took time to construct well-written stanzas that are overflowing with emotion and personal thoughts. To compliment that Ceelo woos in the background humming and bellowing away at the chorus “I’m scarred, I have tattooed tears of joy…”. After opening up with a speech excerpt from Black Panther Party- Bobby Seale. This is the track to vibe too, the song for a release therapy session, a pick me up, or even if you just need to hear a GOOD song. This is it. (I’ve played it apporx. 27 times) Produced by No I.D.
- Maybach Music III feat. T.I. , Jadakiss, & Erykah Badu – since the Maybach Music saga began with Trilla Ross has manage to make them better and better and better as time progressed. MM1 featured Jay Z as jay did what he does best, following that was the sequel MM2 this time beefing up the line up with Kanye West, T-Pain, and Lil Wayne on platinum album Deeper Than Rap. And now once again on his 4th album Teflon Don MM3. Beefing up the line up once again with the critically acclaimed ‘King of the south’ T.I., New York’s most unheralded Emcee Jadakiss and the face of neosoul Erykah Badu. And yet again with a well constructed cinematic instrumental. Ross and company complete another smooth ride in a maybach. Produced by eMix
- Live Fast, Die Young feat Kanye West – the first thing that pulls you into this track is the beat. West holds nothing back with a joyful sample from Rick James and drums thatll make you instantly nod your head and or just begin to dance. Layered on top of that is the heavy vocals from Ross as he displays his forever improving lyrical wordplay. West is second up with more ego driven lyrics “..my outfit so disrespectful, you can go ahead and sneeze because my presence blessed you”. This track mos def the song you want to hear before you hit a party or a club to get you in that celebratory mood. Produced by Kanye West
- Super High feat Ne-Yo – smoooottthhh as butter. The beat would give you the indication this song should be titled Super Fly instead of super high. Sounds like some black cinema music from the 70s. if anyone were to do a spin off of shaft (I hope not) this would be the headlining song to the film. Produced by DJ Clark Kent & The Remedy
- No.1 feat Diddy & Trey Songz – for the ladies.. The beat is crazy. I just would do without Diddy rapping. Produced by Danja Handz.
- MC Hammer feat Gucci Mane- now like many of you the previous version of this song was on the Albert Anastasia mixtape and it didn’t feature Gucci Mane. But this is the official version. The beat is different and A LOT better I must say, its more clean and crisp. BUUUUUUUUTTT I must say that I H A T E that Gucci Mane is on it. Luckily he has the last verse on the track so after Ross’ stint you can skip the track. Excuse my dislike for Gucci Mane, but for this song and this album he doesn’t fit in the picture in no way shape or form. Produced by eMix
- Aston Martin Music feat Drake & Chrisette Michelle- I suppose is attemping to start another luxury vehicle themed saga of songs. Drake provides decent vocals and C. Michele gracefully blesses the song. Decent track, but one the weaker points on the album. Produced by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League
- All The Money In The world feat. Rapheal Saadiq – this song reminds me of ‘Valley Of Death’ from Trilla. Ross once again takes the time to construct well thought out and well organized rhymes to make a decent song as Saadiq provides some very ill vocals. Needless to say, a great song to conclude an album. Produced by The Olympiks
8.9/10 DATSDOPE Score
If you have not notice yet Kendrick Lamar is prob my favorite artist out right now, he puts out Music that you can just love and vibe too. There only few artist that when you hear them it speaks to you and just relates to everything about yourself. What Kendrick spits about just makes you think about yourself and that what you want to hear in your music. I definitely would need to interview him if I get this chance just to see where his heads at to come out with this type of stuff.
Well they back at it again the homies of FlyBoy Radio hitting us with a dope party this THURSDAY at CoCo Cabana. You trying to get loose? Nice & Bent ? CoCo is where its at, get ready with your folks and have good time. Check out the promo video directed by Dats Dope very own PREMO as you can peep he threw his cell phone in there LOL.
Monday, July 19, 2010
I am not biggest cat on accesories like watches, necklaces and etc, but these watches here def stand out. With a futuristic and vintage blend these watches show you something different, you can still be hip but not stand out to much and that's what I like the simplicity but minor details to the watches stand out!
Even though the summer is not quite over doesnt mean we cant look forward to the Fall/Winter with some dope gear. OriginalFake drops some new threads to get you ready, fresh and warm for the next season.
Man this dude makes GREAT MUSIC, Kendrick def has that music you that you can vibe out to. This new track is dope from the production to collab this chick has beautiful voice, make sure you keep updated on Kendrick with his new project which should be dropping soon.
Word to 2BZ
Well I am def copping when these backpacks and sacks with school coming up I def need a new hip backpack, and sack for certain reason that don't pertain to you LOL. The backpacks and etc. from Master-Piece def stand out to you with there specific designs from two-tone and other multi colors.
Thursday, July 15, 2010
I'm back with another one!... I was finishing up some work from last night and I needed something to vibe out too before i feel into my slumber... so I opened up the VDJ and did this, a little somethin somethin to keep your summer rollin'
and if you missed LAST MONTHS MIX here the link is also here..
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
one of my personal fav MCs that got swindled out of the XXLs freshman 10 ... but eeh.. keep it movin.
new jawnt from the homie XV from his upcoming project VIZZYZONE.
Huey will returns with his sophomore LP, Redemption, on September 14th 2010
A behind-the-scenes look at Killer Mike in Atlanta putting the finishing touches on upcoming album Pl3dge Allegiance To The Grind, Maurice Garland was invited to the studio for one of Killer Mike's latest sessions and grabbed this preview of one of the tracks Mike is working on for inclusion on Pl3dge Allegiance To The Grind.
Monday, July 12, 2010
ok ok ok..... i know i was a llllittttllleee harsh on #ThankMeLater ... but. hey. my expectations were high, and well I was disappointed.
lets just say I wish this track was on the album...
check it out
Drake- Aston Martin Music
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
I tried posting this earlier but I have been sick and tired from work but def have a chance now to say some dope words on this mixtape! Phil Ade has def came into his own and when you see an artist grow and just improve its great! This was my first post on Phil and Ive been rocking with him since. Phil is a MC and you here that in his lyrics to just his presence when you talk to him, when an artist studies there craft and knows there history it makes them better. With the great back up of Raheem he is def learning his craft even more big ups to Phil and this new project